for specialist keywords in China
Outokumpu is a global leader in stainless steel, employing over 7,600 people in more than 30 countries.
Looking to expand in the Far East, Outokumpu asked Web-Translations to localise their extensive website into Simplified Chinese. Beyond translating the static website content, Outokumpu had many other assets such as case studies which had to be edited and localised. Based on the successful localisation of the Chinese site, Outokumpu then opted to localise the site into Italian and German, and more recently, into Finnish.
- Deal with massive scale of the website
- Work with Outokumpu’s CMS (Episerver & SharePoint)
- Ensure a flawless visitor experience
- Engage with a wider audience
- Consulted with Outokumpu over relevant content for translation
- Put together an in-house Projects team with experience of working with Episerver and Sharepoint
- Tested user interface
- Built a social media presence by creating blog posts based on Outokumpu’s research publications
- Localised content is relevant to the target markets
- Website content can be managed and updated in the same way as the English website
- There is a seamless experience for visitors to the localised Outokumpu websites
- Embracing Social Media has helped Outokumpu connect with their online audience
We use Web-Translations for all our website localisation projects, and get excellent service.
- Satu Bates, Manager - Web Marketing