qTranslate is a plugin for WordPress that makes the job of managing multilingual content easy – so you can concentrate on creating great content.
Reach more visitors and show that you care about them by displaying your blog posts in their language. qTranslate makes the creation of multilingual content as easy as working with a single language.
Check out some of the features:
- Quick & Easy Installation – No need to manually search and upload database files
- One-Click-Switching between languages
- Choose from Professional or automated machine translation
- user-friendly Configuration Page makes it easy to add any language you want
Many languages come as standard – English, German, Simplified Chinese…
- Date & Time automatically translated into the local format
- Multilingual Text in Templates
- Choose from 3 Modes to make your URLs SEO-friendly
- One language per URL – easy for viewers to navigate & also benefits your SEO
How do I get started?
To get a self-maintaining multilingual blog, simply:
1. Download & activate the WordPress plugin qTranslate from: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/qtranslate/
2. Configure the plugin for the languages of your choice
3. Register your account with Web-Translations
4. Login to your Web-Translations account and buy pay-as-you-go wordcount credit
5. Make a note of your user ID and password
6. Within the admin area of your WordPress plugin, input your username & password
7. You are now ready to submit posts for translation, simply click the professional button
8. Make a contribution to Qian as a thanks for writing the plugin
If you need any help, just give us a call on +44 (0) 1924 360460.
20 May 2010 14:31