The quality of your translated material reflects the quality of your product or service. Visitor confidence is critical for your customer relationship; poor translations cost you substantially in terms of lost opportunities.
Your translation audit report provides you with recommendations and information that can be used to improve your copy.
A high-quality translation will read as fluently in the target language as it does in the original. Ideally, no-one should be able to tell that it’s a translation.
The quality of your copy has a huge influence on those who read it, in any language. Your promotional material must convey your message with impact. If your brochure or web-copy is poorly translated, the reader will form a negative opinion of your organisation. A simple error can mean the difference of winning a new customer, or losing their business forever.
When it comes to translation, you often won’t know how good or bad the translation is; relying on the feedback of disgruntled customers is not a good way to find out.
The Translation Audit examines 10 URLs of your choice, or various offline materials, where reviewers focus on:
- How true is it to the original?
- Is it the right level of formal/informal for the target audience?
Style and Readability
- Is the style appropriate for the type of content and target audience? Is the text easy to read?
- Have jargon, colloquialisms, idiomatic expressions been rendered correctly? Has specialised terminology been translated correctly?
Complexity, Clarity, Consistency
- Is the text suitable for the target audience in terms of complexity? Is it clear and well-written? Are terms used consistent within the pages reviewed?
- Geographical references updated? Figures correctly formatted? Currencies, time, date all localised?
Grammar and spelling
- How much care has been taken when editing the translation?
£300 +VAT per language
You will receive:
- An assessment of how serious any errors are
- Expert recommendations on where and how the copy may be improved
- Comments on the design and layout
From the audit report, you can be confident of your translations, or make an informed decision to update, proofread or retranslate your content.